Monday, February 23, 2015

Living the Thrifting for eBay Dream

Welcome to my blog about thrift store shopping to find items to resell on eBay. I will be sharing with you all about my great finds as I live the dream of having my own eBay business.

My name is Karen and I will be the first to admit that I am a thrift shopping addict! I used to pop into a thrift store now and then to shop for myself, but now I am going thrift shopping to sell items on eBay and it is one of the most exciting things I have done in a long time. I look forward to going shopping and can't wait to bring home deals and list them on eBay.

When my children were young, I thought it would be a wonderful thing to be able to sell items on eBay full time so I could work from home and be there for my children. But for some reason I was afraid to take the first few steps to do it. Over 15 years went by and then I met someone on the internet who was selling on eBay full time, and with his coaching, gave me the motivation to get started. I have now been selling on eBay for approximately 18 months, and the more I get into it, the more fun I am having and money I am making.

I get SO excited when I find good deals at Goodwill stores and thrift stores that I want to share it with all of you. My intent with this blog is to share the deals I am finding at yard sales, estate sales, Goodwill stores and thrift stores so you can see the types of deals that are available out there. I can't believe that there are name brand fantastic items out there for prices like $2.00, $3.50, all the way up to $10.00. I have never paid more than $10.00 for these items but I sell them for a lot more. And I am still learning as I go. Here are a few examples:

This shirt was bought for $2.00 at a local thrift store, and sold on eBay for $31.00 after a budding war.

I will be adding posts each week as I continue with this blog. If you would like to follow along with the deals I get, please sign up to follow me. If you know of anyone interested in following along, or selling on eBay themselves, feel free to send them the link. And any comments about either thrifting or selling on eBay are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I'm happy to be following along with you on your new blog. I'm sure a lot of folks will find it to be helpful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen. I read your post on Bubblews and just signed up to receive your blog posts on MyYahoo. I also have a blog. It's http://homedecoratingdreams.blogspot.com/. I don't sell on eBay, but I've been coming up with a few ideas for an Etsy store. I'm starting a knitted and beaded handbag this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you be blessed with great success in your newest thrifting venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chris and Hawaiian Odysseus. I appreciate your good wishes. I have so much fun doing this I couldn't help but share it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal Ray,

    I will check out your blog and I think that for the crafty person, Etsy is definitely a great venue to earn money from.

    ReplyDelete